– Gold investment in Germany surged in past 10 years
– Germans are largest gold buyers in world: WGC research
– Gold investment in Germany surges to €6.8B in 2016
– Gold demand per person is highest in world – double Chinese, UK and U.S. demand
– Gold one of the most popular investment for retail investors especially those with high incomes
– 59% of respondents agreed with the statement that
gold will never lose its value in the long-term
– 48% agreed with the statement that owning gold
makes me feel secure for the long-term
– Prudent Germans more aware of financial and monetary risks
Germany’s Golden Decade from the World Gold Council
Germany’s gold investment market has boomed in the past 10 years.
In the face of successive financial crises and loose monetary policy, German investors turned to gold to protect their wealth. In response, new product providers entered the market making it easier for people to invest.
Last year, more than €6bn was ploughed into gold investment products in Germany and, encouragingly, there is room for further growth: consumer research indicates there is latent retail demand which the industry can tap into.
Must read research from the World Gold Council confirming that prudent Germans are the largest gold buyers both in Europe and in the world has just been published and can be accessed on Gold.org here.
News and Commentary
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
05 Oct: USD 1,278.40, GBP 969.28 & EUR 1,086.51 per ounce
04 Oct: USD 1,275.55, GBP 960.87 & EUR 1,085.11 per ounce
03 Oct: USD 1,270.70, GBP 959.00 & EUR 1,081.87 per ounce
02 Oct: USD 1,273.10, GBP 956.48 & EUR 1,084.55 per ounce
29 Sep: USD 1,286.95, GBP 963.15 & EUR 1,090.82 per ounce
28 Sep: USD 1,284.30, GBP 961.04 & EUR 1,091.40 per ounce
27 Sep: USD 1,291.30, GBP 963.83 & EUR 1,099.54 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
05 Oct: USD 16.66, GBP 12.64 & EUR 14.19 per ounce
04 Oct: USD 16.83, GBP 12.67 & EUR 14.29 per ounce
03 Oct: USD 16.61, GBP 12.53 & EUR 14.13 per ounce
02 Oct: USD 16.58, GBP 12.46 & EUR 14.12 per ounce
29 Sep: USD 16.86, GBP 12.60 & EUR 14.27 per ounce
28 Sep: USD 16.82, GBP 12.53 & EUR 14.28 per ounce
27 Sep: USD 16.89, GBP 12.58 & EUR 14.38 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– Yahoo Hacking Highlights Cyber Risk and Increasing Importance of Physical Gold
– Safe Haven Silver To Outperform Gold In Q4 And In 2018
– Plan For Run On The Pound
– Russia Gold Rush Sees Record Reserves For Putin Era
– China Catalyst To Send Gold Over $ 10,000 Per Ounce?
– Gold Matches S&P 500 Performance In First 3 Quarters; Up 12% 2017 YTD
– Gold Standard Resulted In “Fewer Catastrophes” – FT
– Financial Advice From Man Who Made $ 1+ Billion in 1929 – Importance Of Being Patient and “Sitting”
– “Gold prices to reach $ 1,400 before the end of the year” – GoldCore
– Commodities King Gartman Says Gold Soon Reach $ 1,400 As Drums of War Grow Louder
– Bitcoin “Is A Bubble” but Gold Is Money Says World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Manager
– Pensions and Debt Time Bomb In UK: £1 Trillion Crisis Looms
– Gold Investment “Compelling” As Fed May “Kill The Business Cycle”
– “This Is Where The Next Financial Crisis Will Come From” – Deutsche Bank
For your perusal, below are our most popular guides in 2017:
Please share our research with family, friends and colleagues who you think would benefit from being informed by it.