Toronto restaurant openings highlights the latest food news in Toronto and gives a preview of what’s coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Mister C, the lobby bar at the Bisha Hotel, is now open.
- Il Covo, an Italian restaurant from chef Ryan Campbell (Buca Yorkville), has opened at 585 College St. in Little Italy.
- Junction Craft Brewing has moved to new digs at 150 Symes Rd.
- La Paella is now open at 1146 Queen St. E. in Leslieville.
- Chinese noodle restaurant Landing Noodles has taken over the former TOT the Cat Cafe space at 298 College St. just west of Spadina.
- Hot Bunzz Street Cuizine has opened a long-term pop-up location (for at least a year) at 170 Spadina Ave. just north of Queen St. W.
- The Duke of Cornwall is now open at 400 University Ave. just south of Dundas St. W.
- Azyun Restaurant has opened at 144 Main St., Unit 17, in Markham.
- La Rosa Chilena
- Piggy’s Restaurant
- Sorelle and Co. (Yorkville)
- Bluenose Lobster
- Assembly Chef’s Hall
- Hogtown Smoke (Colborne)
- Straight from chef Antonio Park’s mouth: OVO and Drake’s Pick 6ix officially opens on February 2.
- Agenda, a cafe and snack bar from the owners of Field Trip Cafe, should be opening soon at 622 College St. in Little Italy.
- Tacos Baos is set to open a location at 914 Bloor St. W. in Bloorcourt this spring, with two other locations elsewhere in the city to follow.
- Winnipeg mini-chain Za Pizza Bistro will be opening its first Toronto location at 290 Adelaide St. W. (at John) in March.
- Vancouver’s build-your-own-salad and pizza chain Assembli is opening its first Toronto location at 373 Church St. (at Carlton) in April.
- Dal Moro’s Fresh Pasta To Go, a Venetian take-out pasta joint, should be opening its first North American location at 605 Yonge St. (north of Wellesley) next month.
- Cafe Bon Bon is coming soon to 550 Highway 7 East in Markham.
- Oliva is planning to open a second location at 3190 Yonge St. just north of Lawrence.
- Cheese Garden is opening two more locations, with one in Scarborough’s Skycity Shopping Centre and the other at Pacific Mall in Markham.