Toronto restaurant openings highlights the latest food news in Toronto and gives a preview of what’s coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Superpoint Express in Parkdale has opened Express Bar at 269 Dunn Ave.
- The Civic on the ground floor of the Broadview Hotel in Riverside is now open.
- Bi Bim Bap now has a second location, having taken over the former Rollipub space at 598 College St. in Little Italy.
- The Gastro Pub has replaced the old Mars Beach Diner at 1987 Queen St. E. in the Beaches.
- Meli Baklava & Chocolate Bar has moved to 123 Queen St. W. at the Sheraton Centre after some controversy at its former space down the street.
- Cinco, a modern Mexican restaurant serving tacos, pollo rostizado (rotisserie chicken) and weekend brunch, is now open at 131 Roncesvalles Ave. (by Galley Ave.).
- Kensington Sushi Market has replaced Rick’s Cafe at 281 Augusta Ave. in Kensington Market.
- Campo Food Hall opens tomorrow at 433 King St. W. (at Spadina).
- Pizzeria General Assembly is opening on December 1 at 331 Adelaide St. W. (by Peter St.).
- Bloorcourt’s Pam’s Roti has finally found a new home 1089 Bloor St. W., one block east of Dufferin, and is currently undergoing renovations.
- Ozzy’s Burgers will soon be opening at 66 1/2 Nassau St. in the space that was formerly Grilled Cheese in Kensington Market.
- Something called Sho Izakaya will be opening at 1406 Queen St. W. (at Dunn) in Parkdale.
- G for Gelato at Jarvis & Adelaide has abruptly shuttered.
- Spirits Bar & Grill on Church St. just south of Bloor has closed after 30 years in business.